Poetry: Late Night

Its a late night and I'm still not asleep
I'd pray the lord my soul to keep..
But, my mind's awake.
So my soul he cannot take..
And my thoughts will never break..
Who am I? On this late night?
Tossing & turning, scared..
Scared of the dark so, my flashlight,
is my only company..
I wish somebody was here holding me
Constantly.
But, I am alone.. 
And yeah I know I'm grown
I'm still scared though..
This is fear no one ever knows..
Cause you can't see whats haunting me..
Walking towards my bed at night
Shaking me awake
I look at the time, "I know its kind of late."
We share stories.. well he does..
I'm scared again.. He can't sleep.
The question always comes.
"Who are you?" I ask
I grab at his mask..
But by then.. he is gone
& I'm scared again
He'll be back before long.
And I know who he is..
He' my brothers ghost,
Out of all of the dead..
I miss my big bro the most.

(This is irrelevant to my life. Thank you.)
Photobucket

No comments: