Relationships: Friend or Lover??

On facebook, a friend of mine asked: "Ladies & GEnts is It okay for your Girl/Men to have opposite Sex as a BESTFRIEND?? AND WHY??"

I answered...


Of course it's okay. Only you yourself can be stupid enough to believe that it cant be so. You control your body and your actions, your words and who you befriend.Having a bestfriend is having SOMEONE YOU CANT COUNT ON, these people see you at your worst and at your best. That doesn't mean they have to be paid in sex, a valued friendship is payment enough. If the opposite sex is attracted to you AS your bestfriend, they did it to themselves and they found something special in you, that doesnt mean it has to be friends with benefits, it just means you have matured enough to carry this valued friendship into another level. They know you like the back of their own hand, so if it happens it happens.
Now if we're talking about just friends and not a close friendship, you're just letting your temptation have the best of you, you're friends will never know who as closely as a best friend, thats the difference. Same sex or not. Everything is in YOUR hands, you make the decisions in your life and if you end up having relations with this best friend, well its up to the both of you to be mature and move on and not let it ruin the value in your friendship or take it as a chance to be together with the person who knows you best. If you both agree to end the friendship right then and there, thats you choice and you just lost one of the most important people in your life. Just talk it out and thats that."

How do you guys feel about having the opposite sex as a best friend? My boyfriend is my best friend and I can't see myself telling my female best friend all the things I am able to tell him. Is that wrong? Who do you think?

xoxox
-PEPi

1 comment:

Christyn Benard said...

No, I don't think that's wrong. That's exactly how I am. I've never had any really close 'girl' friends until recently. I think I'm actually falling in love with my guy best friend now....
Guess, I'm not lucky enough to already have had him as a boyfriend....
Btw, I <3 your blog!
:D