Poetry: Dollar Dreams

A dolla a dream, a dolla a dream
Oh how life could be so supreme.
A dolla a dream, come follow me
I got this cool tude sewn at my seams
A dolla a dream? I'd be rich.
Rich for a dollar I'd be.
Yeah yeah, rich dreams, that's me.


BUT!
Its NOT a dolla a dream..
Its not even true!
You go places with ideas...
That never go through!
Give up! Aint no hope..
This poor life you have? Best you cope.


BUT!
Nah... I ain't with it..
I'm gonna to be somebody one day
More than who I am!
Just like that slow daddy..
I think it was "I am Sam"?
Yeah. That nigga..
Smoke trees & say "YES YOU CAN!


A dolla a dream? High on demand.
Channel 1000, like sex's been banned
Channel 1000, like gimme one grand
This is my land, this is my sea
Look what I got, I got hands!
I got plans!
Yeah..
A dolla a dream..
In this NYC wasteland.

No comments: