Poetry: The Massacre of a Rebellious Soul

The world is spinning oh so slowly
The lights are getting a little brighter now
So many people wishing that they'd known me
Way back when, way back then...
Ya know? Back when we used to play hide-and-go-seek in the den?
Back when we wished we were the driver in the seat of the Benz?

We were ten,
Had it all figured out, then cuzo had to go get punched in the mouth.
Then people would ask me "Whatchu about?!"

My mouth shut, tongue tied, all I wanted to do was run away and hide.



So no one could see me, no one would know.. That the good girl act was just a show!

Get down to business, leave no witness!
Start crossing out names in the hit list!
Pop! Pop! The shots are fired!
My face grows hot from growing desire.
More, more!
The blood spills as I rip off her chain,
Then I put two bullets in her brain.
Adieu good dame, you were a mistress!
Too bad you had to get your name up on my hit list.
Kill the children, burn the barn, leave no witness.
Unfortunately, it is, just a story...
I would never wish this!



No comments: